Tennessee is truly becoming a retirement destination. Retire TN just finished three out of six Ideal-Living expos this winter. Having seen thousands of retirees attend the Ideal Living Resort & Retirement Shows this January in Long Island, New York; Schaumburg, Illinois; and Rochester, Michigan, Ideal-Living has gleaned several interesting stats on retiree habits.
These attendees look to escape the ever-increasing tax burden shared by residents from many states across the Northeast and Midwest. Naturally, Ideal-Living follows the migration patterns of these affluent buyers looking to purchase property elsewhere.
Demographic updates from the first three shows this winter:
* 33% plan to purchase within the next year (14% increase over 2019)
* 89% plan on taking advantage of Discovery Travel (11% increase over 2019)
* 67% plan to travel/visit communities this spring
* 52% indicate that 55+ communities were important to them
* 82% indicate that lowering their taxes was important regarding their buying decision
* 67% indicate that nearby quality health care access was extremely important
* More than 85% indicate that both walking trails & wellness/fitness were top desired amenities
* 80% of attendees are active on Facebook
* 38% of attendees feel they could sell their home in under three months.
Retire Tennessee will exhibit at the final three Ideal Living expos in Bridgewater, New Jersey; Stamford, Connecticut; and McLean, Virginia.