Tennessee Department of Tourist Development 2022 Alabama-Mississippi Tennessee Rural Tourism Conference Scholarship Overview
ABOUT THE RURAL TOURISM CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIP:
The Tennessee Department of Tourist Development is pleased to announce that we will provide scholarships to cover registration fees for the 2022 Alabama-Mississippi-Tennessee Rural Tourism Conference November 7 – 9, 2022 in Eufaula, Alabama.
Realizing that budgets are limited, the opportunity to attend the Alabama-Mississippi-Tennessee Rural Tourism Conference provides those working in the Tennessee tourism industry a chance to meet annually, attend educational seminars and network with industry partners. For more on the conference visit: https://www.almstnruraltourism.com/.
Below is a snapshot of the details for the scholarship:
• Up to 2 scholarships will be awarded to each county designated as distressed or at-risk per the current or previous two FYs Appalachian Regional Commission guidelines
• Scholarships are for the 2022 Alabama-Mississippi-Tennessee Rural Tourism Conference only
• Scholarship award will cover registration fees to conference only
• Please do not register for Rural Tourism Conference prior to applying for this scholarship. TDTD will register scholarship recipients.
• Scholarship cannot be used toward a match for any grant program
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
1. You must be employed by a tourism organization / business/ Government
Examples of tourism businesses are:
• Convention & Visitors Bureaus, Chambers of Commerce, DMO
• Community development related organizations
2. You must be able to cover the cost of travel, lodging and meals, etc.
3. Your organization must be located in a county designated as distressed or at-risk per the current or previous two FYs Appalachian Regional Commission guidelines.
*TDTD maintains the discretionary right to create exceptions or additional eligibility regulations on a case-by-case basis.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE APPLYING:
• Can you or your organization pay for the expenses that would accompany attending the Rural Tourism Conference? (i.e. travel & lodging expenses, etc.)
• How can attending Rural Tourism Conference improve your contribution to Tennessee tourism? How can it benefit both you and/or your organization?
Please return application via email by September 16, 2022 to:
Subject Line: [Partner Name] Rural Tourism Conference Scholarship
If you have any questions about your application, contact Andi.Grindley@tn.gov
Rural Tourism Conference scholarships will be awarded by September 23, 2022. You will receive notification of the status of your application via email.
Scholarships awarded are limited to available funds, as well as the number of requests received.
FOLLOW UP REQUIREMENTS:
By December 15, 2022 scholarship awardees will be required to send in a follow up letter detailing the Rural Tourism Conference experience and takeaways. Please send the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.