**Applications Due: July 29, 2022**
The marketing grant provides tourism organizations such as CVBs, chambers of commerce or regional tourism organizations a way to expand their marketing message. The partnership is designed to increase visitation to their community and increase travel-generated revenue, while leveraging TDTD’s brand and marketing efforts/initiatives. Partnerships awarded are limited to available funds, as well as the number of requests received.
- $1,500,000 TDTD budget
- *New this year* Organizations within counties that are designated as at-risk per the current or previous two FYs Appalachian Regional Commission guidelines are eligible for a 70/30 reimbursable grant. Organizations within counties that are designated as distressed per the current or previous two FYs Appalachian Regional Commission guidelines are eligible for an 80/20 reimbursable grant. All other qualified organizations will be eligible for the regular 50/50 reimbursable grant as offered in years past.
- For tourism marketing only
- Contracts will be issued
- Consistency with TDTD’s campaign messages. *All State logo usage must be approved. See FAQ and Brand Guidelines. Department logo is not required on advertising.
- Projects completed and paid for July 1, 2022 – June 1, 2023 are eligible.
- Projects included in approved scope of work for this grant will not be eligible for ARPA reimbursement. No overlap between the two programs is allowed.
- Partners will be required to submit their final report via an online form.
2022-2023 Tourism Marketing Grant Timeline
|July 5, 2022||Application open|
|July 29, 2022||Deadline to submit application to TDTD|
|August 4, 2022||Grant reviews held|
|August 12, 2022||TDTD to send award emails and contracts to partners|
|August 26, 2022||Signed copy of contract is due to TDTD by each participating organization|
|February 3, 2023||Update on project status submitted to TDTD|
|June 1, 2023||All reimbursement paperwork is due from the partners. This is the FINAL date to submit a request for reimbursement. You must have all documentation including proof of purchase which includes bank statements or cancelled checks, etc. We encourage you to submit paperwork as projects are completed throughout the year.|
|August 30, 2023||Final Report due via online form submission|