**Applications Due: July 28, 2023**
The marketing grant provides tourism organizations such as CVBs, chambers of commerce or regional tourism organizations a way to expand their marketing message. The partnership is designed to increase visitation to their community and increase travel-generated revenue, while leveraging TDTD’s brand and marketing efforts/initiatives. Partnerships awarded are limited to available funds, as well as the number of requests received.
- $1,500,000 TDTD budget
- *New this year* Applicants will be required to attend a webinar on the Marketing Grant to qualify.
- Projects completed and paid for July 1, 2023 – May 31, 2024, are eligible. No paperwork will be accepted after May 31.
- Organizations within counties that are designated as at-risk per the current or previous two FYs Appalachian Regional Commission guidelines are eligible for a 70/30 reimbursable grant. Organizations within counties that are designated as distressed per the current or previous two FYs Appalachian Regional Commission guidelines are eligible for an 80/20 reimbursable grant. All other qualified organizations will be eligible for the regular 50/50 reimbursable grant as offered in years past.
- For tourism marketing only
- Contracts will be issued
- All State logo usage must be approved. See FAQ and Brand Guidelines. Department logo is not required on advertising.
- Projects included in approved scope of work for this grant will not be eligible for ARPA reimbursement. No overlap between the two programs is allowed.
- Partners will be required to submit their final report via an online form.
2023 – 2024 TOURISM MARKETING GRANT TIMELINE
July 6, 2023 Application open
July 19, 2023 Tentative webinar date
July 28, 2023 Deadline to submit application to TDTD
August 1, 2023 Grant reviews held
August 18, 2023 TDTD to send award emails and contracts to partners
August 31, 2023 Signed copy of contract is due to TDTD by each participating organization
February 2, 2024 Update on project status submitted to TDTD
May 31, 2024 All reimbursement paperwork is due from the partners - This is the FINAL date to submit a request for reimbursement. You must have all documentation including appropriate proof of payment which includes bank statements or cleared checks, etc. All paperwork must be submitted via email.
*We encourage you to submit paperwork as projects are completed throughout the year.
September 27, 2024 Final Report due via online form submission