TOURISM INITIATIVES COORDINATOR
TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF TOURIST DEVELOPMENT
Based on Experience
The Tourism Initiatives Coordinator will serve in the Central Office in Nashville project managing tourism initiatives including, but not limited to, Retire Tennessee, Discover Tennessee Trails and Byways, Tennessee Music Pathways, and Civil War Trail. The Coordinator reports to the Director of Outreach & Engagement and collaborates with Division Managers, Special Projects Coordinator, and various members of the marketing team. This person must be team-oriented, resourceful and possess excellent problem solving, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with Director of Outreach & Engagement in day-to-day management of tourism initiatives, involving other members of the Outreach team where necessary. Utilization of Asana, TDTD’s project management system, will be vital for progress.
• Work in tandem with members of marketing and communications teams for creative, advertising, and/or promotional needs.
• In relation to Retire Tennessee, management of program partnerships; fulfillment/distribution of leads on a weekly basis; seasonal marketing plans and execution, including website and collateral updates and production; Expo execution, including seasonal travel; inventory; and annual partner visits.
• In relation to Discover Tennessee Trails and Byways, management of 16 trails and one comprehensive trail to include brochure updates, printing, and distribution; working with special projects coordinator on website needs and TDOT signage; marketing opportunities and partnerships; potential activations at consumer shows.
• In relation to Tennessee Music Pathways, work with Division Managers as well as members of marketing and communications teams to coordinate markers through process of production to installation and unveiling.
• In relation to Civil War Trail, working with special projects coordinator, serve as board representative; work with CWT team on brochure edits; brochure printing and distribution; marker and signage assistance as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Detail-oriented with strong project management and organization
• Ability to complete projects and tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to anticipate needs and proactively resolve potential issues
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
• Actively contributes to team and department culture.
• Occasional vehicle or air travel; some night and weekends included
Education: Graduate of an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent to a minimum of five years of full-time professional work.
Experience: Tourism and/or Marketing experience preferred.
TDTD MISSION STATEMENT:
To increase the state’s economic viability and support the growth of tourism in all 95 counties by inspiring travel, developing programs and enhancing industry partnerships which drive job creation, tax revenue and new investments, thereby enriching the quality of life for every Tennessean.
To be the global music destination of choice; a diverse American experience offering family fun, outdoor adventure, live entertainment, sporting events, festivals and a showcase of craftsmanship at the crossroads of rich history, local cuisine and renowned scenic beauty.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to Zach Ledbetter, Director of Outreach & Engagement, via email at Zach.Ledbetter@tn.gov.