RURAL TOURISM PROGRAM MANAGER
TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF TOURIST DEVELOPMENT
Based on Experience
Under general supervision of the Assistant Commissioner of Rural Tourism and Outreach, the Rural Tourism Program Manager is responsible for managing tourism projects related to rural marketing, education and strategy to serve Tennessee’s at-risk and distressed counties. While this position would not have to be a central office position, there will be significant time in Nashville with along with statewide travel.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with Rural Destination Development Manager to determine rural partner needs and program ideas
• Develop and manage identified marketing and technical assistance projects and programs related to rural tourism.
• Plan and facilitate educational opportunities including in-person, hands-on trainings related to rural tourism.
• Travel to rural counties to facilitate strategy services
• Manage strategic partnerships and deliverables serving rural Tennessee.
• Rural specific communications regarding tourism opportunities.
• Is a team player with strong interpersonal, project management and organizational skills.
• Is detail-oriented
• Budget management
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite.
• Can develop presentations and has strong communication and public presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills required.
• Has a high attention to detail
• CRM experience is beneficial
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with differing deadlines required.
Education: Graduate of an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree and experience equivalent to a minimum of three years of full-time professional work in tourism related field/ sale, PR or marketing.
Experience: Tourism experience preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite.
TDTD MISSION STATEMENT:
To increase the state’s economic viability and support the growth of tourism in all 95 counties by inspiring travel, developing programs, and enhancing industry partnerships which drive job creation, tax revenue and new investments, thereby enriching the quality of life for every Tennessean.
To be the global music destination of choice; a diverse American experience offering family fun, outdoor adventure, live entertainment, sporting events, festivals, and a showcase of craftsmanship at the crossroads of rich history, local cuisine and renowned scenic beauty.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to Melanie Beauchamp, Assistant Commissioner of Rural Tourism and Outreach at Melanie.Beauchamp@tn.gov.